Thursday, August 6, 2009

Religion in America Blog

I would like to put the word out about a blog that I just came across called Religion in America. This site is run by Paul Matzko and Lincoln Mullen, who are graduate students in history. What makes this blog of particularly interest to me is the fact that Matzko and Mullen are both from Christian Evangelical backgrounds. Their site is largely about the confrontation between their academic selves and religious fundamentalism. As readers of this blog know, my confrontation with my own fundamentalist background is a major topic here. Matzko and Mullen deserve a lot of credit for the quality of their writing. Their work is sophisticated yet should be readable even by this that lack academic backgrounds. This blog is still fairly new, but I am looking forward to see what they do with it.

2 comments:

Miss S. said...

You should submit a piece. That is if you will be able to pull yourself away from the work on your dissertation. Since they are in fact academics, they should be able to tolerate the fact that you are a Jew; since in academia, diversity is generally applauded.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link, Benzion, and for the kind words about our writing.

Now that I know about it, I look forward to following your blog as well.