Wednesday, March 2, 2011

28 Years Old and Still Have Not Taken Over a Single Country

Well yesterday I turned twenty-eight. It is therefore useful to take stock and look at what has been accomplished by people my age. Take for example Henry VII, who at my age defeated Richard III at the battle  of Bosworth field in 1485 and seized the throne of England. As Arthur D. Innes notes in his England Under the Tudors:

It is difficult to think of the first Tudor monarch as a young man; for his policy and conduct bore at all times the sings of a cautious and experienced statesmanship. Nevertheless, he was but eight and twenty when he wrested the kingdom from Richard. His life, however, had been passed in the midst of perpetual plots and schemes, and in his day men developed early -- whereof an even more striking example was his son's contemporary, the great Emperor Charles V. Young as Henry was, there was no youthful hot-headedness in his policy, which was moreover his own.

At twenty-eight I am at work on history book that if properly abused might serve as a guide to taking over countries by being elected Lord Messiah. I also have taken over the world numerous times on Civilization.

7 comments:

Clarissa said...

To a Ricardian like myself, any mention of the vile Henry VII is like showing a red fabric to a bull. Don't compare yourself to the evil usurper!

It's nice to know that you are a fellow Civilization fan. Who do you play for most often?

Garnel Ironheart said...

Libya could use a good leader. Have you considered that?

Sarah said...

I second Garnel's suggestion. :)

Izgad said...

Clarissa

I have played as Persia a number of times. The immortal comes in handy usually right when I am about to seriously start to go on the attack.

Garnel and Sarah

If you know anyone in Libya looking for a new Messiah tell them to give me a call.

Garnel Ironheart said...

See, that's your problem. You sit back and wait for a call. History then passes your by and the guy who didn't sit around waiting goes and grabs the throne in Tripoli.

Izgad said...

How about if we pulled a Richard III (The lying Shakespeare version). You could be my Buckingham and gather the people of Tripoli. I will appear between two Imams, holding a Koran, and you can tell the people what a pious Muslim I am and how fortunate they would be if only I could be persuaded to be their Mahdi.

Garnel Ironheart said...

No problem. You arrange the airplane tickets, make sure there's kosher food (a real Mahdi would eat nothing less) and buy the Koran.